ARMember provides shortcode to add Login With Twitter social connect button. But for this first you need to configure twitter Key and App Secret under
Social Connect tab will be displayed only if
Social Connect module is enabled.
Request Twitter To Elevated Permissions
You must need to get permission from twitter otherwise One Click Sign Up with Twitter will not work properly.
Consumer Key ( API key ) and Consumer Secret ( API Secret )
To get these keys click OAuth Tool tab in your Twitter Application where you are able to have your consumer key and consumer secret.
Copy these keys from here and use them in our ARMember plugin where needed.
In order to get the keys needed for Twitter API follow certain instructions given below.
Create Twitter Application
Following steps will help you to get Consumer key & Consumer secret for Twitter.
- Login to your account at dev.twitter.com/apps and click on Create New App button.
- Now fill required information like name, description, website for your application.
- Tick Yes, I agree to accept the Terms of services and click on Create your Twitter Application button.
- Now you have all your created applications on apps.twitter.com
- Go to “Settings” tab and add URL of your website in website textbox under application Details.
- Set callback URL “http://your-site-url/?page=arm_twitter_return” in Callback URL. You may get callback URL from
Click Save button on Social Connect page.
Once settings are saved, you can use following shortcode in any page/post to display Login with Twitter button.
To add Login with Twitter button in Login Form follow steps given below:
- Edit your login form set.
- You will find a section Social Connect Options in right panel under Basic Options.
- From here, you need to Enable Social Login switch to add social connect button with Login Form.
- You will see a Button Skin option in above image. Click there to add more social connect buttons.
- Also you will be able to upload your custom image for displaying Login with Twitter.
- Save Form