How to Sell WordPress Membership Subscriptions through ARMember and WooCommerceJanuary 5, 2019
A big reason to use ARMember plugin for creating a powerful and sustainable WordPress Membership website is the the number of goal-directed tools it has to offer. Everything from the membership plans creation, setting up payment cycles, access rules, content dripping to managing payments can be handled under one roof. But as you might know, it’s impossible for one plugin to keep pace with all the range of specialist tools. In most cases, the best way to connect mature keystone functionality is the usage of third-party plugins. This is a widespread approach because:
- Narrowly specializing software perform better when addressing a specific need
- Since the tools are optional, you may hook them up only in case they are necessary.
So how do you hook up to WooCommerce?Before you proceed, make sure that you’ve properly set up the ARMember plugin, created plans, configured access rules, installed and activated WooCommerce plugin.
WooCommerce configurationTo check out all available methods, now you can go to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments.
- Turn off (untick) “Allow customers to place orders without an account” to enforce user registration for membership (otherwise, the user won’t be assigned a plan they paid for).
- Turn on “Allow customers to create an account during checkout” (make sure their user role is not Administrator).
- Define ARMember Access rules (applicable for products, product categories and tags – need to be set up in advance via ARMember > Access Rules)
- Scroll down to Product data – mark the product as “Virtual”. This will ensure all paid orders are autocomplete. Then, find the “ARMember plan selection” menu.